7.12.2010

Two


In this outfit:
  • Lavender JCrew Jackie (summer '10)
  • Leaf Print JCrew strapless dress (summer '04)
  • Orange patent JCrew skinny belt (fall '09)
  • Kenzie via Anthro wedges (circa 2005)
  • Pearl necklace: permantly borrowed from my mom's jewlery box

Where: work. As you can see, I am in the bathroom....

Not sure if lavender and red go together, much less with orange but I kind of dig the look today.

I cannot stress enough how much I love my jackies, or any cardigan in general. No matter if purchased full price or on sale, they are worth it in my closet. I need to force myself to gravitate towards things that are not solid cotton items, and a cardi such as a jackie goes a long way in taming down a print or cut that is otherwise not as comfy for me when I do step outside my comfort zone. This lavender one was a full price birthday gift to myself this year (drat that JCrew for putting it up for sale a month later in my size!), and having owned it for less than 2 months, I'd say I've worn it at least a dozen times already.


This orange belt you will be seeing a lot over the coming 28 outfits. Never in a million years would I have imagined that I'd get so much use out of, of all things, an orange patent leather belt...but you'd be surprised...and you need to get one in your closet if you don't have one. Trust me!

2 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous combination! You've convinced me of the need to buy an orange leather belt. I definitely have to look out for one!

    ReplyDelete