7.13.2010

Three

In This Outfit:
  • JCrew Cardigan
  • Anthro Climbing Cowlneck and Circle the Globe Skirt
  • Charlotte Russe Belt
  • DSW Sandals
  • Pearl Necklace - Kohls
  • Sunglasses - TJMaxx
Where:  to work.

I have been wanting to wear this combination, so not gonna lie:  I picked these items for my 30 with this outfit in mind.  My coworkers must be thinking 'what is this girl doing wearing all these crazy colors and prints' but I don't care!  I feel pretty darn cute!

There are a few things I like about this outfit.  First off, I will happily wear anything with ruffles or rosettes.  Second, the skirt is such a lovely yellow color, and there is something so girly about a swishy full skirt that makes my day.  This is one of three yellow things I own!  I love yellow, but have had such a complex about wearing it since I was about 7 years old.  I remember my costume one year for my ice skating show was yellow, and I overheard my mom telling someone how washed out I looked in the color.  I don't think she meant to ruin my attitude towards yellow...but from then on I shunned the color from my wardrobe.  I decided to turn that all around and prove that I could wear the color.  I think I pulled this off :)

Here is a look at the rosettes on my sandals and my done-at-home lavender pedicure.  I couldn't decide if I wanted  pair of gladiators or some pretty shoes with girly details on them...so I sort of combined the two and found a very versatile pair of sandals that I am sure I will wear for several summers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment