7.14.2010

Four


In This Outfit:
  • Old Navy Tee
  • F21 Capris
  • Polka-dot Sash: Delia's
  • Necklace:  Kohls
  • Mia Flats
Where:  I feel like this is already obvious.

Something bizarre thing happened this morning.  I woke up and looked at my watch: 7:45am (do not have an alarm clock in our room).  Holy crap I was running late.  I jumped out of bed, pretended to do something to my appearance for about 15 minutes.  I thought....how interesting that my son hadn't already woken up, he never sleeps in much past 7:15 or 7:30.  So I went and woke him, and began feeding him.  Irritated with his lolly-gagging and pointing at the ceiling fan to exclaim 'yah!', I looked at my watch....8:15am...there is no way I'm even going to make it to work by 9:00am today, I thought.  Yes son, that is a fan you're pointing at, get on task.  I kept looking at my watch as he nursed, sure that my boss was going to be disappointed in me for not even being able to make my 9:00am flex arrival time.  When it seemed like he had at least eaten something, I took him to his room and quickly dressed him...and by quick I mean he cooperated more than the usual nil, so I had that going for me.  Back to the bedroom to get dressed.  I was feeling stressed and nothing in my 30 seemed comforting after already such a hectic and unshowered morning.  So I put on an outfit, and thought it wasn't too bad given the circumstances.


I walked into the kitchen to start packing bags and glanced at the stove.  The clock read....7:45!  WHAT?!? 

That is right, I read my watch wrong how many times?!?  I was now close to an hour ahead of schedule.  The baby had been woken prematurely and rushed through his morning session.  And I had settled on and outfit and my unshowered self.

I couldn't decide what to do at this point.  So, I finished packing the bags and brought the boy back to the nursery to cuddle a while longer, and decided to take a quick shower. 

But did not change my outfit:)    These items do not photograph as well as I feel like they look in person.  It doesn't help that they are a little big on me.  Should have tried things on before putting them in the 30!  I am a little underweight at the moment because as I mentioned above I am nursing a 13-month little piggy boy, and I just can't keep the weight on.  But it is totally worth it, and I am a huge supporter of breastfeeding!!!
 luv the cute little pockets and dotty sash!

So that is my story and I'm sticking to it.  I hope to look more inspired tomorrow.  If you are new to reading my blog, please stick with me, I will do better - promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment