7.26.2010

Sixteen

In this outfit:
  • JCrew Cardi
  • Anthro Climbing Cowlneck
  • AE belt (2002!)
  • JCrew chinos
  • DSW sandals
With the wearing of these pants, I have officially worn everything in my 30 at least once!

I tried selling these pants on ebay this spring but never got any bites, and I suppose I'm glad about that.  Nothing like the potential loss of an item, purposely or not, to bring out my feelings of fondness.  They weren't getting the luv then, but since I took them off the auction they have.

Today is one of those Mondays where I feel so 'meh'.  OK I feel that way every Monday, but I don't always look it.  I am glad to have been able to come up with such a comforting outfit!

I know I have posted a few pics of these shoes already, but now I'll share a story about how we almost had a tragic and premature ending to our relationship and you'll understand why they are so special to me.  The story is simple, actually.  I wore them once, left them in the entryway for a few days, and came home to find that my dear nightmare of a family dog had consumed one of the rosettes.  Short of major surgery or tediously waiting for it to come out the other end, I was helpless and began to mourn the loss of my new shoes.

So, I sifted through all her poo for a few days and re-attached the rosette.


Just kidding, would anyone actually do that?  Ewww!  I called the retailer and they ended up replacing the shoes for me.  I got lucky and we lived happily ever after!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment