7.19.2010

Five

edit*  this post was prepared last thursday...I am way behind!

In This Outfit:
  • Volcom Dress
  • AE leggings
  • AE tank
  • Sash - ?
  • Blown Glass Necklace - Gift from my mom
  • DSW suede ruffle flats
Where:  verk.

I am on outfit 5 of this challenge, and by my calculation I've worn 17 of the items already - am I doing this wrong?  I don't feel like I'm nearly out of ideas yet, but hoping I have the right items for the right occasions (not to mention having them clean when I need them - I am not big on doing laundry).  And cooperative weather, because in Michigan you never know what to expect.  I always say that the Upper Peninsula is the only place in the world that can have all 4 seasons in a one-week timeframe!

For me, there is not much more to be desired in a summery little black dress like this one:  pockets, scalloped edges, and texture (not easily seen in photo).  The one thing I'd change a little is the shape and add some length, but that is nothing that a sash or belt and in this case, leggings, can't do to make it work appropriate for my office. 

I chose to add little pops of color with the necklace, tank, and sash, and I think they really 'summerize' what could have been a hum-drum outfit.

This weekend we are packing up the dog and the baby and heading off to my parent's place for a weekend of swimming, boating, eating, and relaxation.  So, I may not be posting my outfits until sometime Sunday night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment