7.22.2010

Eleven


In this outfit: 
  • Dress:  Delia's
  • Belt:  Delia's
  • Shoes:  Kenzie via Anthro
Don't you just love how most of the items you own have a story behind them?  So, one day this spring I checked my email account where normally I only find spam and other emails from places I shop online.  Amidst 2854748 emails in there was one that smacked me right in the face:  "You have a credit at Delia's!".  Ok, I can't remember the last time I bought something from Delia's - maybe 6 or so years ago?  I almost deleted the email thinking it was interwebs trickery, but I checked it and the email seems for real with about a $40 credit.  Don't you just love when you find out you're $40 richer?!?

At the same time I was treating myself to a number of items for my birthday and I was coveting the Lavender Tiny Windows dress from Anthro.  I couldn't afford it full price, and it was getting reviews of looking 'matronly', which is the last thing I need.  So I set out to see if I could find a look-alike and low and behold I found this magenta number at Delia's.  Swiss dots, purple, ruffles, ties at the waist, cap sleeves - yes, yes yes and yes please.  Very girly, and FREE!  so I ordered it and it instantly satisfied my desire for a short sleeved summer dress.  Score!

I decided to pick up this belt at the same time because I wanted a brown belt of some sort without a huge $ committment, and this one seemed to do the trick for basically just the price of shipping.  I think the belt turns the dress up a notch.

This is the 3rd time I've worn this dress, the first time in this way - very versatile so far!  I think I will be able to winterize it, or at least make it fall-friendly as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment